Many people will miss the warm summer months, but how incredible is the transition to fall?! Over the next few months families and friends will plan weekend adventures to view fall foliage across the United States. We’ll watch the greens of summer transform into the oranges, reds and golds of fall.
Not only are the autumn leaves beautiful, but the season comes with festive activities that everyone can participate in. From carving pumpkins, drinking apple cider, and getting cozy by the fire, there are some amazing places to visit to get the full experience.
According to Travel+ Leisure there are 21 amazing places that encompass the beautiful changing colors of fall, so we’ve listed them out for you!
1. Bar Harbor, Maine
2. Ozark National Forest,Arkansas
3. Catskill Mountains, New York
4. Huntington, New York
5. Stowe, Vermont
6. Columbia River Gorge, Oregon
7. Eastern Shore, Maryland
8. North Conway, New Hampshire
9. Lenox, Massachusetts
10. The Poconos, Pennsylvania
11. Taos, New Mexico
12. Amicalola Falls State Park, Georgia
13. Franklin, Tennessee
14. Staten Island Greenbelt, New York
15. Cape May, New Jersey
16. Brooklyn, New York
17. Cape Cod, Massachusetts
18. Aspen, Colorado
19. Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
20. Massapequa Preserve, New York
21. Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest,Washington
Are you now convinced that a road trip is in your future? Traveling looks a little different in 2020, but can still be done! We hope you take the next opportunity to safely travel, and experience this fall beauty. As always please adhere to local and state guidelines before traveling, also reference the CDC website for recommendations.