Thinking about making a New Year’s Resolution for 2021? Research suggests that nearly half of Americans make New Year’s resolutions, but only about 8% of these individuals actually achieve these goals. Here are a few tips on how to make these goals stick and find success moving into the new year!
Create SMART goals! These goals should be; Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-bound! Check out these tips established by Forbes when starting to establish your goals.
- Clearly define your goals
- Track your progress
- Have patience
- Announce your goals to family and friends
- Practice it regularly
- Stop employing the “all or nothing” mentality
- Keep going, even if you slip up
Thinking about creating a professional goal? Here are a few popular career related resolutions;
- Working for Raises or Promotions
- Reduce Stress
- Become More Organized
- Quit Your Current Job/Get A New Job
- Improve Work-Life Balance
- Network More Effectively
- Improve Your Relationship with Your Boss & Co-Workers
- Enhance Communication Skills
- Get A Degree
- Be Better with E-mail and Voicemail
- Have a Better Attitude
Do you feel ready to make your goals last until Valentine’s day? Your end goals aren’t going to magically appear, remember these goals take time, hard work, and dedication. Hopefully, with these tips you can be more successful with goals and resolutions moving into 2021.
Need a little more motivation to get started? Listen to this TEDx, to gain a little more insight on how to keep your resolution.