Social media is less of a luxury and more of a necessity in the modern marketing strategy. It’s safe to say at this point that this medium isn’t going away, which means it’s worth taking the time to learn how to properly use it to promote your property management company.
The social landscape can be overwhelming for businesses trying to navigate it. Facebook, Twitter, SnapChat, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, are just a small number of the available social sites. With so many options, where should you get started? According to Sprout Social:
- Facebook still reigns as the most popular social media network with 79% of U.S. internet users logging on the site.
- Facebook sees the most interactions and is the preferred network among millennials, Gen Xers, and baby boomers.
- There are more than 50 million businesses using a Facebook Business Page.
Start with Facebook
If you’re going to take the time to create a social media account for your business, you need to understand that you must actively post on that account. That’s why it’s a best practice to not have an account on a social media website than to have an account and not use it. Rather than setting up accounts on all major social media sites at the same time, we
recommend simply starting with Facebook. Facebook by far has the largest userbase, so chances are the majority of your company’s customer base and target market is on Facebook.
Every business page needs an accurate name and eye-catching imagery. When setting up your page, focus on the following sections:
- Page Name and URL: Use the EXACT name of your business for both your page name and URL.
- Business Type: Be sure to select “Property Management Companyfor your business category.
- Profile Picture: Use a high-resolution image of your logo. Don’t have a logo? We recommend hiring a freelance designer to create one or using a website such as
- Cover Photo: This is the large horizontal photo at the top of your page. Consider hiring a freelance designer help to create a branded image to use here. If that’s not an option, use a professional, high-resolution image of one of the properties you manage or photo of the city you serve.
Optimize Your About Section
Facebook has expanded the About section for Business Pages. It’s important to take the time to properly fill this out, as it will help give prospective customers more insight into who your company is, and what you do. We recommend completing the following sections:
- Address: Use the exact address of your brick and mortar business here. Do not use a PO box.
- Business Info: This is where you can add the year your company was founded, as well as your company’s mission statement.
- Additional Contact Info: Add the best email address to reach your business, as well as a link to your website.
- About: This is a short, 150-character overview of your business. Keep it simple, and be sure to include important keywords, such as “property management company
- Company Overview: This is where you can tell the story of your property management company, who you serve, and what differentiates you from your competition.
- Awards: If your company has received any awards, be sure to mention them here.
- Products: This is where you can list the specific services you provide.
- Hours: List your hours of operation for every day of the week.
Stay tuned to our blog, as we’ll provide tips on creating a Facebook content strategy, and how to begin advertising on this social network
over the next several weeks!